Monday

A not so b-day surprise

This is going to a friend of mine for her birthday, which of course is tomorrow. Go on, ask me when I mailed it.. I know you want to! I mailed it this morning, ok! Whatever!


I picked out the fabric from Amy Butler's new line called Love because she really likes that red/wine color. I saw it and thought it was nice, but after the bag was done.. I REALLY like it. I'm considering putting it in my shop, what do you think? (ignore the fact that the whole shop is lacking in, well everything. if certain friends would ease up on the baby producing I would have time :)

I didn't use a pattern for this bag. I sort-of winged it really. the only thing I don't really love is the strap length, that could be a do over. I'm thinking about going back to Tennessee Quilts on Saturday to get something else from this line. It of course is navy blue, which everything I own seams to follow in that color. I've decided to make myself a much larger version of this for the gym.


Ya, that's right, you heard me. I'm making myself something!! Oh, and we're joining a gym. It's more of a way for us to get away from the farm and so something together. AND because frankly I NEED to go. I think my most favorite part is the fact that the place has a hot tub.. well worth the $40/month just for that alone. When you live with a teeny tiny shower stall and no tub, you'll remember this comment.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

that's awesome!! Bethany is going to love it!!
I'm proud of you joining a gym & making something for yourself!! GOOD JOB!!! I totally agree the hot tub is totally worth the $40 dollars.