Friday

All X-mased Out & Too Many Projects

It's Friday.. yay. It's been a very long week and yet we haven't done much.

Last night was my office x-mas party.. oh goody. You all know how I feel about it. It was alright, just clicky, if that's even a word (I'm thinking not, or if it is that's not how you spell it) It was like being in high school when everyone had their own groups to hang out with. I'm not the only one who mentioned that about last night, go figure. Tomorrow night is a mini xmas deal with Laura, Rebecca and the spouses. Oh, and Elsa! Can't forget her! I love xmas, it just is crummy because I can't be in Texas and instead will end up traveling to Brian's parent's for 48 hrs. Yes, that's a 5 hr drive each way, so we will spend at maximum 38hrs.. i'm sure this is making no sense..

Amongst every thing else I have going on sewing wise, why not start something else, eh! I'm in the process of creating the mini Cupcake pattern I bought while in Texas. It looks fairly simple and you use old scraps, which I don't have much of.. unlike my mom who says she can make at least 2 scrap quilts from one planned quilt. Anyway, I bought the pattern with the intention of making one for Laura and Rebecca and giving them a copy along with it. Well that haven't received them yet, because I haven't made them yet. Go figure! The two of them have a facisnation with cupcakes and have managed to stop in other cities to buy them. That's dedication. I'll post pictures on here when I get them finished tonight.

I spent most of the day searching for fabric to make quilts for Mandy and her mom Jo Ann for all the help they have and "will" be doing for the wedding, especially Mandy - I seriously appreciate you! So Mandy if your reading this.. you'll be getting a quilt, nothing ginormous. Oh and Kelly helped pick out the fabric.. so blame her if you don't like it!!!

So.. let's count the quilts that are either being planned or in the process:
1. Brian's new niece or nephew - due date Jan 19 - progress: needs binding
2. My new niece's quilts - due date March 17? - progress: haven't received fabric in the mail
3. My new nephew's quilts - due date March 17? - progress: haven't received fabric in the mail
4. Kelly's quilt - Hopefully by the wedding in May - progress: a few pieces of fabric bought
5. Mandy's quilt - Hopefully by the wedding in May - progress: I've planned it and thought about it
6. Jo Ann's quilt - Hopefully by the wedding in May - progress: I've planned it and thought about it

I have 6 quilts to finsih in the next 5 1/2 months and various other projects that are wedding and baby related... Oh and Bethany's apron..

If procrastination was a degree in college I would have earned it a million times over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Procrastination should DEFINITELY be a college degree. Though I'd probably procrastinate on getting it. Heh.