Wednesday

Twin Quilts

If you don't already know, I'm going to be an Aunt.. not just any Aunt, but an Auntie! My brother and sister-in-law are expecting twins - one of each. I believe the names are final, but then again what do I know, Riley and Nathan.

As soon as I found out she was pregnant I immediately started to ponder what I would create for them. As if these kids wouldn't be spoiled enough. Since I love western stuff, and Im not too terribly fond of "traditional" baby quilts or colors for that matter, I've come up with this.

Please ignore the fact that I feel like I need to plan every quilt out thru Microsoft Word as you can see below. It makes me feel better to have a plan.







I liked the cowboy/cowgirl fabric the best and it came in 4 different colors and is called Tumbleweed Tots, even better! I'm not a huge fan of pink, but for some reason, I really am excited to make this one! As for the rest of the fabrics, I haven't chosen them yet and am actually waiting for them to arrive int he mail. I ordered them from a The Fat Quarter Shop which is actually n Texas believe it or not! It should arrive this week sometime.

Since the babies aren't technically due until mid-late March I still need to get them done ASAP. Leslie has had a little trouble and the Dr.s expect the twins definitely before the due date but sometime between xmas and then. So it's really up in the air. I'd like to be able to see the babies when I give them to them, but that won't be until May at our wedding and I may just try to hold off til then. We'll see, anyone who knows me, knows that I have very little will power.

Feel free to let me know what you think. Im open to suggestions before I go and grab all the other fabric to match. Oh.. I really wanted to use a minkie cow print on them somewhere. If you don't know what minkie is, it's very soft, almost furry fabric.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Very very cute!! I especially like the boy quilt! Did I just say that? Maybe having all boys isn't so bad afterall huh?

Rebecca said...

i like that the girl quilt doesn't have too much pink. love the yellow. and the boy's quilt is lovely, too!