Saturday

Eight Degrees

So, what does eight degrees really feel like? It's hard to explain what it feels like, but this is what it looks like...



This is the outcome of a leaky faucet and eight degrees. Hard to tell in the pic, but the ice has managed to run not only all the way around the pipe on the ground, but also to give itself at least four to five inches think. I'm from TEXAS, this does not happen in SOUTH TEXAS! Ya, there was that time in 2004 when we got 13 inches of now for xmas, but it all melted away by the end of the day and it was 70 again.

Thursday afternoon the temp started to drop, and it just kept going. It's been so cold here that we have canceled most lesson because we don't need anymore sick snotty nose kids running around here. This morning wasn't too bad though, a long as you were in the sun and out of the wind! I'm sure all the animal are happy because since it's been cold, they get extra extra food to keep them warm at night.

Shiner was even happy to see me this morning. He ran from the hill down to me, I was shocked. Normally I have to walk a mile to get close to him and then he decided to run ad hide behind the other colt. I think he was trying to tell me he was sorry for all that and that he should be allowed to come in the house where it's warm. I'm all for that, it's Brian he has to convince - and that's not working out so well. Here he is getting a lot bigger, at 8 months old.


Tonight it's supposed to start snowing. Not so great, cold and snow is just too much. I've been ok with just the cold... Hopefully it won't be much and it won't stick.. as usual.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

aw, that sweet Shiner. he's such a mama's horse!