Wednesday

Mermaids, Fish & Seahorses.. OH MY!

Several weeks back, I explained how a good friend of mine was having her first baby. I of course volunteered to make the crib bedding. The process was daunting and I am very happy with how it turned out. You see, it would have been completed in a week or two IF I had absolutely nothing else to do, which would be wonderful.



I really hope she likes it and baby Lily doesn't completely abandon her new room because she's not too keen on the mermaid underwater non-traditional adventure. Since we in no way have a crib in our house, due to the fact of 1. we don't have nor do we expect a baby anytime soon and 2. our house wouldn't be big enough for one even if we did... I can't lay it all out in the crib as it should sit. Therefor.... I improvised and used my sewing table.. you get the idea. right?! The set is not so girly what so ever. They wanted something different and modern.. there.you.go!! Lots of blush, golds, oranges, mermaids, fish, and seahorses!

In total when it is all said and done, there is a quilt, bumpers, crib skirt, diaper stacker, & mini pillow.. like she will need it anytime soon. It was fun. I just wish it wouldn't have taken me so long. Making it is one thing.. shipping is a totally different story.

No comments: